(DE-FI)ance Magazine gives you the opportunity to contribute your work and have it published in a high end, well respected Independent publication. Being published in (DE-FI)ances exposes your work to industry professionals Photographers, models, designers, and other creatives that have been published in (DE-FI)ance have gained more interest in their work & landed jobs from the exposure we have afforded them.
When submitting please follow the guidelines outlined on this page. Upon reviewing submissions, the Dayton Emerging Fashion Incubator (DE-FI) LLC reserves the rights to Accept or Deny any submission we receive. Submissions are reviewed based on its content, quality, relevance and the availability of space in the issue its being submitted to be published.
We do NOT provide free print copies, as presently the publication is printed exclusively through Magcloud, Magcloud prints-by-purchase. We also don’t pay for submissions, all photo shoot expenses for a submission to the magazine is covered by the team conducting the project. We are looking for only UNPUBLISHED editorials. If your photographs are published in (DE-FI)ance Magazine, they must be ONLY published in (DE-FI)ance Magazine, if we find out that they are published by another magazine they will be removed immediately. Once your submissions are accepted they must not be posted online or any social media until the magazine is released. We choose the cover that we like. Do NOT ask for the Cover.
We accept Fashion, Beauty & Written Submissions
* All submission should be between 6-8 images. If your submissions are over 10 images, we won’t publish all images, a maximum of 8 and a minimum of 4 will be chosen, unless it is a cover story or special feature. Once your submission is accepted for publication the files sizes required are: 8.5X11 for Portraits at 300dpi. We use mostly portrait images, the less landscape is better.
* When submitting for consideration, always submit your images in low-resolution as attachments, include the photographers name and a title for the story. Please do not submit high resolution attachments, or zipped files for review. If you are submitting the editorial and is not the photographer, please confirm and present to us permission/release form from the photographer that owns the copyright to the images.
* For fashion submissions, wardrobe credits are required. It must contain wardrobe and/or accessories from emerging or independent designers and brands (major brands such as are not allowed). For Beauty submissions, makeup credits are required. All editorials must have 2-4 different looks, editorials with one looks won’t be accepted.
* Team credits are essential for all submissions, if we have accepted your submissions and you provide the high resolution images without team credits, your submission will not be published. We won’t be held accountable for any missing or misspelled credit. Be sure to double check that all persons involved in the submission is included in the credits and their names are spelt correctly. If for any reason a submission is published and a individual/s credit is missing, the person who submitted the feature will be held responsible. Along with model’s name be sure the list the agency name. Be sure to send credits as editable pdf files or Word Files.
Common credits include:
Photography by _____________
Photography assistant _____________
Style by _________________
Hair by _____________
Makeup by _____________
Nails by _______________
Retouched by _____________
Models: First name and first initial of last name of model (agency name)
**If there were multiple people helping in any of the roles, use commas to separate their names. If any member of the are being repped by a talent agency or a salon, please be sure to include that as well.
*Please include the clothing credits along with the team credits as a text editable document (word doc or text file. Please do not send PDF file) along with your proofs.
*The credit should list the item and the item brand, store name where item was purchased. Please use commas to separate the item, from the brand, and the store, and start each new item on a new line.
* Rename your files to match each look credit ie JaneDoeLook1.jpg, JaneDoeLook2.jpg and etc...
* Once an image is accepted to be published, it grants us the permission to use your work in any of our publications, websites, videos, marketing pieces, advertisements, and any other mediums or formats used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of (DE-FI)ance Magazine.
* Once a submission is accepted by (DE-FI)ance Magazine, it must not be published in any other magazine, website, blog and Social Media networks. Once we realize that the images are published in these mediums before the particular issue is being released, we reserve the right to pull that submission from our issue without your consent.
Contributing Writers & Bloggers Submission
We are always looking for guest writers and bloggers who would like to contribute to the magazine and website. If you are interested in writing or blogging for us, please send an email to email@example.com with the headline “Writer Submission” or “Blogger Submission” and include writing samples and links to your work, blog or portfolio. The cover Fashion & Beauty Stories.
* There is little or no space left for the issue submitted for.
* Work was submitted after the deadline.
* The quality of the images aren’t to our standard.
* The submission doesn’t fit the theme for the issue.
Although your rejection could be due to any of the above stated reasons, we will not have time to state which of the reason applied to the submission. Please note that all submissions will NOT be replied to, you will receive an acceptance email once your submission has been accepted, if you don’t receive a reply within 7-10 days of your submission then it wasn’t accepted; you do not need to send multiple emails to receive a reply.
* All submissions must be sent before the stated deadline of an issue.
* If a submission is being accepted and the final pieces aren’t sent before the deadline, that submission will not be published in the issue for which it was accepted.
* The deadline for the 2019 print edition of (DE-FI)ance is December 31st, 2019. If for any reason the deadline is changed, it will be posted on our Facebook page and website.
* Once an issue is being released it is available for purchase via Magcloud.
* The purchase link will be posted on our facebook page on the day of release, and will be posted on our website also. To get immediate updates and purchase information please like our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/TheOfficialDEFIanceMagazine
Not all information and updates can be sent to everyone that is or has been associated to (DE-FI)ance Magazine as we don’t have the emails of everyone. To get all updates and information please like our Facebook page.